Incomplete Grades

The grade of incomplete (“I”), may be assigned when a student’s work is of passing quality and represents a significant portion of the requirements for a final grade, but is incomplete for a good cause as determined by the instructor.

An “I” grade must be replaced with a passing grade before the end of the third succeeding quarter (excluding Summer Sessions) of the student’s academic residence, or the grade will revert to an F (or NP or U).

Students may not re-enroll for credit in a course for which an "I" grade has been assigned. For more information on "I" grades, consult the UC Davis General Catalog.