Summer Financial Aid

Financial Aid Office Contact Information

Summer Financial Aid Website

Phone: (530) 752-2390
Hours: M-F, 10-2

Please contact Financial Aid via the 

Contact an Expert or



Limited financial aid funds are available during Summer Sessions for undergraduates who filed a 2017-18 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or a Dream Act Application and meet one of the following criteria:

  • Currently enrolled at UC Davis during spring 2018 quarter
  • On an approved Planned Educational Leave Program (PELP) during spring 2018 quarter
  • Newly admitted for fall 2018 (you must have a 2017-2018 FAFSA or Dream Act Application on file)
  • Have not filed to graduate for spring 2018

Unit Requirement for Awarding

Summer financial aid is awarded based on initial enrollment dates and being registered or waitlisted in six (6) or more units. Aid will be subject to cancellation if you drop below six (6) units. The unit requirements and the schedule for disbursement are available on the Financial Aid for Summer website.

The Summer Financial Aid page is now updated with information for Summer Sessions 2018.

Students Attending Other Campuses

You will be packaged once the Financial Aid and Scholarships Office verifies your enrollment.  You must use the refund of your financial aid funds to pay summer charges at the school where you will be enrolled (fees will not be paid automatically). Your financial aid refund availability is based on the 2018 Important Summer Dates.  The Financial Aid Office will verify your progress at the end of the summer. All other UC Davis summer financial aid requirements apply.

Note: Summer aid will pay towards any charges on your UC Davis student account before your financial aid refund is issued. You are responsible for paying fees at your home campus, these fees will not be paid automatically.


If you receive financial aid and subsequently cancel or withdraw from the University, you may be required to return financial aid funds received. Return of Title IV funds received is based on published schedules and the date you officially withdrew or canceled your registration. If you cancel, submit a Summer Change in Aid to the Financial Aid and Scholarships Office immediately.  *You do not need to submit a Change in Aid if you withdrawal from the summer term.