International Students


UC Davis International Center


Summer offers two sessions in which you can take courses:

Session 1: Jun 26 - Aug 04

Session 2: Aug 07 - Sep 15

You are considered an international student if:

  • You do not have U.S citizenship or legal permanent resident status
  • You need a visa to be in the U.S
  • An I-20 or DS-2019 is required while studying in the U.S.

To be eligible to participate in UC Davis Summer Sessions you must either:

  • Be a continuing UC Davis student,
  • Be a non-continuing or other UC student,
  • Be 18 or older and have graduated high school.

If you are an international student and have been accepted as a first-year undergraduate to UC Davis in the fall:

Services for International Students and Scholars (SISS)

Services for International Students and Scholars assists incoming and current international students and scholars, and their families with visa and immigration issues while they are at UC Davis. In addition to preparing the necessary documents to apply for a U.S. visa, SISS assists international students and scholars in maintaining their legal status while in the United States. SISS also provides orientation, assistance, information, and referrals to international students, faculty, and researchers regarding financial, personal, cultural, and academic concerns.

I-20 and DS-2019 information

If you are only coming to the U.S for the summer, will leave after your trip, and are enrolled in 5 or more units at UC Davis:

  • You will need to have a UC Davis I-20 (for a F-1 visa), or DS-2019 (for a J-1 visa). Please log on to to request a document.
  • If you enroll for less than 5 units you are not required to have a UC Davis I-20 or DS-2019.

If you are a current student at another U.S. school and will return to that school in the fall:

  • Please consult your school's international office if you have questions about your I-20 or DS-2019.
  • You are not required to have a UC Davis I-20 or DS-2019.
  • SISS may contact you for further information.

If you have been accepted to UC Davis in the fall but have a reason to start in the summer:

  • You must have a document with a summer start date and be enrolled in at least 5 units for each summer session that you attend. Please go to for more information.

If you have attended UC Davis in the past and are applying for Fall 2017 readmission:

  • You will need to have a UC Davis I-20 (for a F-1 visa), or DS-2019 (for a J-1 visa). Please address questions to