What is Summer Sessions?
Summer Sessions offers two 6-week sessions and over 700 courses for students looking to stay on track or get ahead for graduation. Special Session has exciting courses with varying start and end dates that do not fall within these 6-week schedules.
Summer Sessions lets you concentrate on challenging courses a few courses at a time, meet new friends, and learn more about the campus and UC Davis community.
Incoming transfer, freshman, high school seniors, and other non-matriculated students are welcome to apply!
Quick Facts About Summer Sessions
- Pell Grant and other aid options are available!
- Explore Intensive Language courses and more through Special Sessions!
- Take classes for your minor!
Summer Sessions works with campus administrative and academic partners to offer and promote UC Davis quality courses during the summer to support our students’ successful advancement toward timely graduation.
- Promote and support a range of academic courses during the university’s “fourth quarter.”
- Support the university’s strategic priorities of decreasing time to degree and increasing retention and graduation rates.
- Offer pre-matriculation programs that support the university’s goal of equitably increasing educational access.
- Serve as an academic resource for non-matriculated and lifelong learners.